I remember way back in Philippines I have a close friend who’s family runs a Chicken Inasal restaurant and oatmeal bars was one of their specials in their dessert menu, me and my wife loved it so much so everytime we visted my friends house his mom always gives us a big box full of these Oatmeal bars for free. These baked delights are really delicious and no one will have a hint that those are made out of Oatmeals as they are super soft like a chewy brownie. I havent got time to catch up with this friend of mine as he is now residing in Hong Kong (the last time I was there was 2002) and we are in New Zealand, his online presence is also close to none so we dont even know how the orignal recipe would be.
We tried googling the recipe but I guess they created that recipe as we cant get any similar look online, so we jsut tried the nearly closest one and modified it and here is how it goes.
2 cups creamy oats
2 cups flour
2 cups chocolate chips
1 large can condensed milk
1 1/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup unsalted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1. In a bowl mix together condensed milk, butter, sugar and vanilla
2. Add eggs and peanut butter.
3. Now on a separate bowl combine flour, oatmeal, baking soda and salt.
4. Now combine both dry and wet mixtures, mix well
5. Add chocolate chips.
6. Place the mixture on a greased baking dish (9 x 13).
7. Bake about 22 minutes at 180C.
8. Cool on a wire rack then slice into bars.