If you like Mexican food and Salad then this recipe is for you, a great salad infused with Mexican goodness. A simple salad that is made out of chorizos, corn and kidney beans can be enjoyed on its own it with a tortilla.
I cannot say lots about this recipe as I only saw this on “delicious magazine” April 2010 issue, and when I saw it I immediately thought of making it a home as my wife loves Mexican food and salads, I always remember way back in the Philippines when we have that midnight food cravings she always decide to go to a Mexican food chain to have burritos or tacos while I opt in for Chinese steamed buns. So this recipe is adapted to the recipe in the magazine but I added some additional ingredients such as lettuce to give it a different texture and lighten it up.
6 chorizo sausages, sliced
1 1/2 corn kernels
1 can red kidney beans, rinsed
1 avocado, cubed
3 pcs medium tomatoes, sliced
1/2 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
1 small red onion, sliced
1 tsp ground cumin
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp bacon oil
2 tbsp chopped coriander
juice from 2 lemons
2 tbsp butter
1. Heat corn kernels with butter in a Microwave for 1 minute, give it a mix then heat for 1 more minute.
2. In a small bowl mix together lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, bacon oil and cumin
3. In a pan grill, grill the chorizo slices until cooked then set aside.
4. Now toss together chorizos, coriander, beans, avocadoes, tomatoes, onions, corn and lettuce.
5. Drizzle dressing on top, place on salad bowl. Serve with warm tortilla and sour cream.