Soy and Garlic Chicken

Soy and Garlic Chicken

Filipinos love garlic that why if you are observant you will notice that most of the Filipino dishes that I had posted here on my blog have garlic on them. We so love our garlic we use fried garlic to garnish some of our dishes; we even have garlic flavour in our chips and peanuts.

Garlic is not just a very flavourful culinary item but it also have some medicinal use and health benefits that why when an oily dish is served in Philippines they put a lot of garlic to it because there’s a popular saying that this balances out the bad stuff.  Which is true and some claims are supported by scientific studies that garlic has been found to prevent heart disease and cancer.  It also has some antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties to it, that why you see some food supplements that is made out of garlic oil.

Now this simple dish might not alleviate any heart related diseases you may have but trust me this is a good comfort food which can be used as an appetizer, side dish or even pair it with an ice cold beer.

20 pcs Chicken Thighs, cut into bite size pieces
1/2 cup soy sauce (Philippine Soy sauce or Kikkoman)
1 whole garlic, minced
1/4 cup Chinese cooking wine
1 tsp black pepper
fried garlic
oil

1. Marinate chicken pieces in garlic, soy sauce and wine for at least 24 hours.
  2. Before cooking let it cool down to room temperature.
  3. Pan fry chicken pieces for 6-8 minutes.
  4. Once cooked top with fried garlic.

1. Maybe I was supposed to be Filipino. I LOVE garlic! Have thought about trying it out in my baked goods, but have held back. Your chicken looks so golden and lovely. It’s making me hungry and it’s only 6:00 am here!

2. Judy says:

YUM! We LOVE garlic. As a matter of fact, when my friend and I cook a new recipe together we often say “where’s the garlic?” and of course adjust the recipe to include it :) This recipe looks great, will be trying it soon.

3. saminacooks says:

YUM!!! Garlic + Soy Sauce = Heaven!! Definitely HAVE to try this recipe!

4. Babygirl says:

Oh my.. this soy garlic chicken looks so delicious.. I am too excited to give this a try. You made my day with this recipe :).

5. kiwidutch says:

Only one head of garlic? where’s your sense of adventure Raymund?
    Seriously, this looks like a recipe that we would adore, because if I look at a recipe and see ” 1 clove of garlic” I usually assume it was a printing error and they really meant 6.
    (I like to give my garlic press a workout LOL) I’m adding this to my stash of will-make-soonest recipes).Thanks!!!

6. Christin@purplebirdblog says:

Garlic is one of my favorite flavors of all time. I eat raw cloves of garlic… no joke! :D

7. peachkins says:

I can just imagine how this tastes like….

8. Garlic is the most magnificent ingredient to use in all types of cooking. Your chicken looks wonderful. I have a recipe that I use with chicken and soy sauce as well. Soy sauce is another wonderful versatile ingredient. :-) Mandy

9. mitz says:

I will try this recipe because my son likes chicken so much. I hope that u can post many chicken recipe. Tnx so much.

10. Balot says:

anong substitute ng Chinese cooking wine? kasi dito sa middle east walang wine.

1. June 8, 2011

[...] eggs, hard boiled and halved 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced Soy Garlic Chicken roasted nuts fried dried anchovies banana [...]

2. November 30, 2011

[...] elements mix with hints of peanuts and seafood. A real good noodle dish specially paired with garlic soy chicken or spring rolls, I guess the CNN readers’ poll can attest to [...]