Curry is one of the best dishes you will ever have especially if you love different mix of spices, just imagine mixing that with different types of seafood it will surely be an explosion of different flavours in every bite. If you read my blog posts then I guess you already noticed that I love seafood a lot and will not turn down any seafood dish that is served in front of me that is why this recipe will be a rendition of the famous curry but instead of using chicken or beef we will use a mix of fish, scallops and shrimps. I haven’t cooked this dish for a while but after reading PurpleBird’s Blog regarding shrimp curry that definitely made me crave for something curry and seafood that is why I did eventually made my own.
500g fleshy white fish
300g medium-sized shrimps, deveined
15 pc scallops
1 medium-sized onion, roughly chopped
1/2 thumb sized ginger
4 cloves garlic
1 tsp yellow mustard seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric
4 green cardamom pods, crushed
4 pcs dried chillies
400 ml coconut milk
juice from 1 fresh lime
freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp oil
1. In a heavy pan sear the fish, scallops and shrimps separately placing each on a plate once finished.
2. Blend together onion, garlic, ginger, chillies and oil in a blender, once it forms a smooth paste remove from blender then set aside.
3. Using a heavy pan add a small amount of oil then the blended paste on step 1, stir until fragrant.
4. Add the mustard seeds, turmeric and cardamom then stir fry for 1 minute.
5. Now add the coconut milk and bring to a boil, once boiling add the pan seared seafood, lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Add fish sauce to taste and lime juice. Season with freshly ground black pepper then serve.