Peaches and Cream Cheese muffin is a type of muffin flavoured with peach and filled with a soft and warm cream cheese in the middle, this one of my favourite muffin variety. I still remember my first time trying this muffin variety and it was here in New Zealand, it was so unforgettable as every bite was delicious specially the middle part where it is creamy and warm, too bad the one I had don’t have enough of that cream cheese goodness. So after that day I made sure I will buy the ingredients at the supermarket before I go home so that I can make one with lots of cream cheese in the middle.
2 1/2 cups self-raising flour
5 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
65g butter, softened
1/2 cup caster sugar + some for topping
1 large can peach slices, roughly chopped
1/2 cup sour cream
1 small tub apricot yoghurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp zest of lemon
1. In a large bowl beat butter and caster sugar together until fluffy.
2. Add eggs, vanilla, sour cream and yoghurt.
3. Stir lemon zest and peaches.
4. Stir in flour gently to combine.
5. Place into a greased muffin pan then place a heaping tablespoon of cream cheese in the centre. Sprinkle some caster sugar on top.
6. Bake in a 180C preheated oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Sprinkle confectioners’ sugar on top then serve.