There are a lot of Chinese dishes that I love and most of them I know the recipe by heart but there are some that I don’t and usually these are the ones that I don’t know the name that’s why it is a bit hard to make it at home as you don’t know what to search for online. This dish is one example, that’s why this recipe is more of a guess work but I think I made a good guess as the end result taste nearly similar to the ones on the Chinese dim sum carts apart from making it spicier than normal, so here is my version of a Yam Cha favourite.
Does anyone know the name of this dish? or does someone know the authentic recipe for this? If someone knows please post it in the comments. I guess you would know what I am referring to from the photo above.
500g beef tripe, sliced, cleaned and pre boiled
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp black bean sauce
2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
3 cloves garlic
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp five spice powder
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
2 cups water
1. In a wok add oil then sauté garlic and ginger.
2. Add tripe then stir fry for 2 minutes.
3. Add oyster sauce, soy sauce, black bean sauce, Chinese cooking wine, five spice powder, brown sugar, paprika, cayenne pepper and sesame oil. Continue to stir fry for 2 minutes.
4. Add water bring it to a boil and simmer in medium heat for 30 minutes or until sauce is reduced and thickens.
5. Remove from wok then place it on a bamboo steamer, steam for 30 more minutes then serve.