Pineapple fried rice is a Thai style fried rice made out of rice with pineapples and prawns, you might find it weird but if you had tasted Thai dishes then you would say that this would make sense as it follows the basic principle of Thai dishes which is the right balance of hot, sweet, sour and salty flavours. That’s why in this dish we have chillies for hot, sweet and sour for pineapples and salty for fish sauce.
Are you up for it? well try it out it’s not just a good balance of great flavours it’s also and all in one meal.
4 cups leftover cold cooked rice
300g shrimps, shelled and deveined
1 can sliced pineapples or equivalent in fresh pineapples
1 long red chilli, sliced
1 yellow capsicum, sliced
1/2 cup cashew nuts
2 spring onions, sliced
2 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
4 garlic cloves, minced
fresh coriander, finely chopped
1. In bowl mix together fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar and turmeric. Set it aside.
2. In a wok add oil and stir-fry shrimps for 1-2 minutes or until cooked, remove from wok then set it aside
3. In the same wok add oil then sauté garlic until golden brown.
4. Add the rice and stir-fry for a minute.
6. Pour in the fish sauce mixture and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
7. Add the pineapples, capsicum, cashew, spring onions, cayenne pepper, shrimp and coriander, stir-fry for 2 more minutes then serve.