I had posted a photo of this one on Facebook several months ago and promised for the recipe, well here it is now and my apologies for the long wait as I am timing this post to my lovely wife’s birthday!
Ok, let’s start by describing how I came across this cheesecake. Well every year we have a bountiful (when I mean bountiful it will be a lot, a dozen 30 piece packs is not enough) supply of Ferrero Rocher from my mom as she know that is our family favourite chocolate. Having that supply I was thinking of making a dessert out of it to enjoy our family favourite chocolate in a different way, immediately I thought of making a cheesecake, one of my known specialties :)
Now to describe what’s on this cheesecake, It is a no bake cheesecake using Oreos as its crust. The cream cheese filling is then mixed with crushed Ferrero Rocher chocolates while the topping is a mixture of chocolate shavings and melted Nutella.
Sound great! well it is so try this recipe that I created specially for my wife. Happy Birthday to you!
2 cups crushed Oreo
3 tbsp unsalted butter
3 packs cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup powdered sugar
3 cups thickened cream or whipped cream, chilled
4 tsp unflavoured gelatine
1/4 cup hot water
6 pcs Ferrero Rocher, roughly chopped
4 heaping tbsp Nutella
2-3 tbsp milk
2 tbsp confectioners sugar
8 pcs Ferrero Rocher
1. Combine all ingredients and make sure it’s mixed well and butter is evenly spread throughout the crushed crackers, press it in a 9 in pie pan.
2. Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 10 minutes (this makes the crust more firm, but you can omit this process if you wanted to)
3. Chill in fridge for around 20 minutes.
1. Place softened cream cheese and sugar in a bowl together; using an electric mixer beat the cheese until thoroughly mixed and creamy.
2. Dissolve gelatine in hot water then let it cool for a while. Once cooled down add into the cream cheese mixture, continue to beat until mixture becomes fluffy.
3. Now add thickened cream and chopped Ferrero then fold until it’s evenly mixed.
4. Pour over the prepared crust.
5. Top it with the Ferrero Rocher and chocolate shavings. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving.
6. Before serving drizzle melted Nutella on top then serve.
1. Place Nutella, confectioners sugar and milk in a double boiler, stir until sauce becomes runny add more milk if required.