Sometimes its nice to play around different ingredients from different parts of the world, the different flavours from these diverse cuisine ingredients create a unique culinary experience that gives birth to this fusion type dishes. I think most of the culinary experts have done this before and create this unique creations like the wasabi brownies, laksa pizza, green tea ice cream and many more.
For today we will try to make some of those unique combinations and lets do it by mixing Mexican with Italian, a dish called Spicy Chicken Tequila Fettuccine. This was inspired form a TV show I saw before (I forgot what show it is) when they cooked some Pasta with chicken and tequila, I never had jotted down the recipe so I have to make my own and I am glad it was a success and here it is for me to share.
600g chicken breast, sliced
1 packet fettuccine
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
1 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup tequila
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 small red onion, sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
1 tsp cayenne pepper (adjust to your liking, I want it hot)
fresh cilantro, chopped
shaved parmesan cheese
1 tbsp flour
3 tbsp butter
freshly ground black pepper
1. Cook fettuccine according to instructions, set aside.
2. In a heavy pan, add small amount of oil then sear chicken pieces. Once browned on all sides remove chicken and set aside.
3. Add butter to the pan then sauté garlic and onions.
4. Add flour and mix in low heat until it forms a roux.
5. Pour tequila to deglaze (be careful it will catch flame if using a gas stove).
6. Add the chicken breast back together with chicken stock and cream, bring it to a boil and simmer for 3 minutes.
7. Add red capsicum and yellow capsicum and simmer for 2 minutes.
8. Add cayenne and cooked fettuccine, bring the heat to medium high and simmer for 2 minutes or until sauce thickens.
9. Turn heat off then add the lime juice, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
10. Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro, cherry tomatoes and shaved parmesan.