We seldom use peanut butter at home but when we do the main use for it is not for bread but for this dish called Kare Kare a type of Filipino stew which uses peanut butter as its main recipe. Usually after cooking that dish the peanut butter will then be forgotten as we are not big bread consumers, so we usually end up with multiple jars of one time used peanut butter as we usually buy one and forget we have one. (Anyways don’t get it wrong we love peanut butter but we just prefer rice or something savoury for breakfast) So what do we do with all of that peanut butter if we don’t use it in bread? well here is the answer, this blog post.
Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies is a type of a brownie where it is flavoured with you know what? You guessed it right, peanut butter. It’s a brownie that gives you the best of both worlds, chocolates and peanut butter. So for those who are peanut butter lovers what are you waiting for, give this brownie a go.
Ingredients (Chocolate Base)
120g butter, cubed
170g dark chocolate chips
2/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 eggs, room temperature and lightly beaten
Ingredients (Peanut Butter Base)
3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
60g butter, melted
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
- In a double boiler add butter and chocolate, stir until melted.
- Add brown sugar, eggs and few drops of vanilla extract. Whisk until mixture is smooth.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt and stir until well incorporated.
- Pour mixture in a 26cm x 16cm dish (or equivalent) then set aside.
- Mix all peanut butter base ingredients in a bowl until smooth.
- Gradually peanut butter mix over the chocolate mixture in a swirly pattern. Now using a butter knife, gently run the knife lengthwise and crosswise to cut through layers.
- Bake in a 160C preheated oven for 45 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let it cool before serving.