I think I had told before that my favourite pasta would be something that is seafood based but after having this several weeks ago I think I am unsure which goes on the top of my list now. Up until now I am dreaming about this dish as it was real good. I love its earthy creamy flavours, it does not even contain meat but it well pleased me so if I will be a vegetarian this would be the dish for me, I can eat it every day without getting tired of it.
How about you do you love mushroom pasta? do you have a mushroom pasta recipe that you can share?
500g Penne Rigate
1 cup Kibbled shiitake
250g white button mushrooms, sliced
8 large pieces Portobello mushrooms, sliced
1 cup water
1 cup cream
1 large can condensed cream of mushroom
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 tbsp butter
2 tbsp flour
juice from 1/2 lemon
flat leaf parsley, chopped
shaved Parmesan cheese some for topping
freshly ground black pepper
- Rehydrate kibbled shiitake in 1 cup of water, once hydrated press mushrooms to extract excess liquid, reserve drained liquid.
- Cook penne according to packet instructions
- In a heavy skillet add olive oil and sauté garlic, add mushrooms and salt. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes in medium heat. Remove mushrooms and set aside.
- Add butter and flour to the skillet and cook to form a roux, add reserved mushroom water and cream then simmer until consistency is even.
- Add the condensed cream of mushroom and mushrooms, simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta and parmesan cheese then mix to coat pasta evenly with the sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper then mix chopped flat leaf parsley and lemon juice into the skillet.
- Turn off heat then serve with serve shaved parmesan cheese.