I think I had told before that my favourite pasta would be something that is seafood based but after having this several weeks ago I think I am unsure which goes on the top of my list now. Up until now I am dreaming about this dish as it was real good. I love its earthy creamy flavours, it does not even contain meat but it well pleased me so if I will be a vegetarian this would be the dish for me, I can eat it every day without getting tired of it.
How about you do you love mushroom pasta? do you have a mushroom pasta recipe that you can share?
500g Penne Rigate
1 cup Kibbled shiitake
250g white button mushrooms, sliced
8 large pieces Portobello mushrooms, sliced
1 cup water
1 cup cream
1 large can condensed cream of mushroom
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 tbsp butter
2 tbsp flour
juice from 1/2 lemon
flat leaf parsley, chopped
shaved Parmesan cheese some for topping
freshly ground black pepper
1. Rehydrate kibbled shiitake in 1 cup of water, once hydrated press mushrooms to extract excess liquid, reserve drained liquid.
2. Cook penne according to packet instructions
3. In a heavy skillet add olive oil and sauté garlic, add mushrooms and salt. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes in medium heat. Remove mushrooms and set aside.
4. Add butter and flour to the skillet and cook to form a roux, add reserved mushroom water and cream then simmer until consistency is even.
5. Add the condensed cream of mushroom and mushrooms, simmer for 2 minutes.
6. Add the cooked pasta and parmesan cheese then mix to coat pasta evenly with the sauce.
7. Season with salt and pepper then mix chopped flat leaf parsley and lemon juice into the skillet.
8. Turn off heat then serve with serve shaved parmesan cheese.