During the last four days we made different versions side and table salads and to end this series there’s nothing better than ending it with a dessert salad, the Buko Salad.
Buko Salad is the Filipino variation of the fruit salad, it is usually made out of mixed fruits, nata de coco, kaong (sugar palm), coconut, thickened cream and condensed milk. This dessert is a mainstay in every special occasion in the Philippines like birthdays, fiesta, weddings, Christmas and New Year’s dinner so this coming Christmas you should definitely make one if you haven’t tried something like this before. It’s one of the easiest desserts to make and theres no cooking involved.
- young coconut meat from 5 coconuts, sliced into strips
- 1 container sugar palm (kaong), drained
- 1 cup nata de coco, drained
- 1 can fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 cup condensed milk (adjust to the sweetness you like)
- 1 cup thickened cream or whipped cream
- In a mixing bowl, combine together young coconut, sugar palm, nata de coco, fruit cocktail and pineapple chunks, and fruit cocktail. Make sure all ingredients are properly drained.
- Place thickened cream in a container then gently fold the condensed milk.
- Pour the cream mixture on the fruit mixture then mix well to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving.