I found some leftover dried bean curd sheets in our cupboard and was thinking what I can do with it. I continued to look on for other ingredients and we have some extra minced pork in the freezer. As I was planning what to do I remembered there is this dish in Malaysia that I tried which has this two ingredients, I cannot remember what else was there so I will just do some freestyle cooking today based on that memory. Oyster sauce and some chillies would be a good base so let’s start.
300g minced pork
4 pcs dried bean curd sheets, rehydrated and sliced
2 stalks spring onions chopped
3 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp brown sugar
1/2 cup Chinese cooking wine
1/2 cup water
Dried Red Chillies, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp sesame oil
1. Heat up a wok using a very high heat
2. Add oil and sauté garlic and chillies
3. Add the pork and continue to stir fry on really high heat for 3 minutes.
4. Add cooking wine, water, oyster sauce, sugar, soy sauce and continue mixing.
5. Add bean curd sheets then cover and simmer in low heat for 15 minutes, add water if necessary.
6. Add the sesame oil, give it a good mix then turn heat off.
7. Serve garnished with lots of spring onions