Grilled Eggplants in Garlic Oyster Sauce

Grilled Eggplants in Garlic Oyster Sauce Wide

When I first saw this Asian eggplant with garlic oyster Sauce at Bams Kitchen I told myself I got to do that one as I am a big fan of vegetables dressed with oyster sauce. It’s simple, quick to make and most importantly yummy. I made some minor changes like grilling the eggplants for that smoky flavour and here is my version, thanks Bam!

2 pcs eggplant (Asian eggplant preferably, I used the non-Asian ones in this post)
peanut oil
1/4 cup oyster sauce
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp fried garlic + some for garnishing
1 tsp brown sugar

1. Slice the eggplants into one inch slices.
  2. Brush surface of eggplants with some peanut oil then grill in low heat until it’s cooked.
  3. Mix together oyster sauce, water, sesame oil, fried garlic and brown sugar bring to a boil then simmer until sauce thickens.
  4. Place eggplants in a serving plate then pour sauce on top. Garnish with fried garlic then serve.

1. Delicious! I’ll try this.

2. Kiran says:

Yummy! I love grilled eggplants and garlickly sauce :)

3. Karen says:

I’ll be making the recipe this summer with eggplants from my garden.

4. Clar says:

Eggplants and oyster sauce – 2 great asian flavors, then topped with garlic.. yummmm!!!

5. I am a Bam follower as well and I can see why you chose to make this recipe.. I love the extra step of grilling as well. Your photograph is just beautiful!

6. wok with ray says:

I saw it too at Bam’s site and I thought about the same thing. It is very simple and delicious. I also like the variation that you made by using non-Asian eggplant.

7. Tessa says:

Easy and delish!

8. Purely.. Kay says:

I love eggplant and yours look absolutely delicious. I can totally make this and love it.

9. I love grilled egg plant! The flesh gets so creamy and wonderful. Never tried it with oyster sauce, though. And now that I’ve read your recipe, I definitely will! Thanks.

10. Juliana says:

Great way to prepare eggplant…like the oyster sauce…simple and yet so tasty.
    Hope you are having a great week Raymund :)

11. Eha says:

Boy, my Easter menus are taking a beating after some of the fabulous suggestions in the box this morning! This certainly is one of them: and, yes, I usually grill them too :) ! Happy Easter to you and yours!!

12. Hello Ray, your grilled Asian eggplant is just beautiful and topped with fried garlic. You can never go wrong with a little fried garlic! Delicious! I can’t wait to give your recipe a try. Thank you kindly for the mention. Take care and have a super weekend. BAM

13. Guia Obsum says:

This one looks AND sounds really, really good… :)

I am DROOLING! This is perfection Raymund. Perfection.

15. Shirley says:

Yum! Eggplant and oyster sauce… two of my favorite things.

16. I love this idea for eggplant. I would’ve never thought of it. Looks wonderful.

Simple and delicious !

18. buttoni says:

This sounds delicious, Raymund. I LOVE eggplant prepared any way.

i would like to try this someday.. :)

20. Charles says:

I did promise I’d finally stop by and so here I am, and boy am I glad I dropped in on this one! I’m a massive aubergine fan (or eggplants as some say) and this actually reminds me a lot of a dish served in my favourite Chinese restaurant. Thanks for sharing Raymund – it looks really nice and I’ll be giving it a try soon! :)

21. Kim says:

Tried this tonight – I added baby bok choy and topped it with steamed bean sprouts. Yummy, even my husband cleaned his plate! Thanks!

1. June 19, 2013