This burgers are a good alternative to your usual beef burgers as this uses chicken dressed in creamy chipotle sauce which gives this dish a different dimension in terms of taste. If you love things spicy then this is for you, a simple chicken burger with tomatoes, cheese and chopped lettuce infused by smoked Mexican chillies.
Ingredients (Chicken Cutlet Patties)
2 pcs large chicken breasts
2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
1 cup flour
1/2 cup corn starch
1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
freshly ground black pepper
Ingredients (Chipotle Sauce)
1 cup mayonnaise
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
4 tsp pureed chipotle chilli in adobo
juice from 1/2 lime
1 clove garlic, minced
8 burger buns
1/2 head lettuce, chopped
1 large white onion chopped
2 large tomatoes, sliced
8 slices smoked cheddar cheese
Method (Chicken Cutlet Patties)
1. Cut chicken breast into two then thinly slice each side into 2 pieces yielding 4 pieces for each breast. Using a meat pounder, lightly pound each piece until they are flat. Place in a container that can be covered then set aside.
2. Season chicken breast with salt and pepper chicken breasts then set aside.
3. Mix together flour and corn starch, place in a flat container.
4. Place eggs in another container.
5. Place bread crumbs in another flat container.
6. Lightly dip chicken pieces into the flour mixture, then dip it on the beaten eggs then into the bread crumbs. Set aside and do it with the remaining chicken breast.
7. Prepare a deep fryer or a wok with enough oil for deep frying, heat oil until hot but not smoking (ideally 180C) then deep fry each chicken piece until golden brown, this will take around 5 minutes.
8. Once cooked place in a dripping container to remove excess oil.
Method (Chipotle Sauce)
1. Combine all ingredients then place in the refrigerator, chill before using.
1. Place chicken, cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, onions and a generous amount of Chipotle in between your burger buns then serve.