Pasta is the Italian counterpart of what rice is in Asian cuisine it’s so versatile you can just throw any ingredients to it and create a wonderful complete dish; this post is one example of it. I made this pasta one lazy day where all I want to do is lie around the couch and watch TV and surf the net, I was too relaxed that day and forgot that it is already lunch time and I have to cook something really quick, so I hurried up and look what our pantry have to offer. Usually what I do when I am in a hurry to cook something it will either fried rice, mixed vegetables or some pasta. I did the latter and here is the result, a pasta that combines the East and West.
300g Fettuccini or Spaghetti noodles, cooked according to packet instructions
3 pcs Spanish chorizo, sliced
6-8 pcs dried shiitake mushrooms, rehydrated and sliced
1 cup finely diced chicken
1 1/2 cup cream
1/2 cup water
3 eggs, beaten
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 small white onion, finely chopped
freshly ground black pepper
1. Sauté garlic and onions and cook until onions are soft.
2. Add chicken and chorizo then cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add mushrooms then cook for 2 minutes.
4. Turn heat on high then add cooked pasta, cream and water then bring it to a boil and simmer in high heat for 1 minute. Mix well to distribute sauce evenly.
5. Turn off heat then add beaten eggs, lots of grated parmesan and lots of freshly ground black pepper. Mix well and let the residual heat cook the beaten eggs.
6. Serve immediately and top with grated parmesan cheese.