I haven’t cooked fried rice for a long time and the last time was this Pineapple Fried Rice exactly 1 year ago. While the last one was something traditional and popular today we will be doing some freestyle and this was our brunch, resulting from “don’t know what to eat for breakfast” scenario. So the following you see below is a result of what I saw in the freezer and fridge.
4 cups leftover rice
1 cup pork belly, chopped
1 pc Chinese sausage, sliced thinly
6 pcs fish cake, sliced into small squares
3-4 stalks spring onions, chopped
2 eggs, lightly beaten
freshly ground black pepper
1. Season pork with salt and pepper, set aside.
2. In a wok add oil then turn heat on high, once it’s on its smoking point add the pork pieces stir fry until golden brown in colour.
3. Add fish cake and Chinese sausage then cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add rice and continue to stir fry for 3-5 minutes.
5. Create a well in the middle then pour the beaten eggs. Once eggs are nearly cooked mix them together with the rice.
6. Add spring onions, stir to distribute evenly then season with fish sauce. Serve.