Iskrambol

Iskrambol

Iskrambol or Ice Scramble is the Filipino version of Slushy made out of banana flavoured frozen condensed milk usually sold by street hawkers. During my childhood this was really popular and it was sold outside schools in big styroboxes, I still remember kids queuing for this one while the vendor scoops it out from the styro box, there was no slushy machine used and it was usually made in vendors homes using crushed ice mixed with milk and other flavourings. Some fancy version before tops it with some powdered milk and some with chocolate sauce but the modern day Iskrambol had changed a lot. The new age iskrambol is more hygienic as it is now sold in Malls with an array of toppings from pinipig to marshmallows.

Ingredients (Iskrambol)

1 can condensed milk
4 cups water (adjust to desired sweetness)
1 tsp banana essence
few drops pink food colour

Ingredients (Toppings)

Milk powder
Chocolate syrup
Marshmallows

1. Using a big pitcher or bowl combine iskrambol ingredients together.
  2. Place them in a container then freeze.
  3. Once frozen using an ice shaver, shave ice and place in individual glasses.
  4. Top with milk powder, chocolate syrup and marshmallows.

Iskrambol Wide

1. Wow! That looks so delicious. A fun treat on a hot day.

2. Ooooooh yeaaaahhhh!!!! Iskrambol is where it’s at with this Philippine summer heat :D !

3. KT says:

I used to eat that when I was in grade school. I didn’t know that it’s easy to make! :)

KT
    ktslifestyle

4. Marnelli says:

wow iskrambol lookin’ so fancy! :D Would it be alright to use a blender?

5. Jhuls says:

Hi! Is there any alternative to banana essence? :) I miss this one.

6. It’s so my kind of drink….Everything made with condensed milk tastes better. In Brazil, a lot of desserts and drinks as well are made with condensed milk. What a great, refreshing drink, Raymund!

7. elizz says:

love this..this brings back lovely memories of my childhood..

8. I would love to make these. What a refreshing treat!

Looks and sounds refreshing. :)

10. Caroline says:

These.are.awesome!!! Love your photos, too. :)

11. Istanbul?
    Watered down condensed milk. Come on!!! And then banana essence plus pink coloring:) Classic!

12. Delicious dessert!

13. Tessa says:

Looks delicious Raymund! Is the banana essence the same as banana extract?

14. Sa street namin may naglalako niyan! So yuuuummmmmy! Definitely a winner among the children..tigil muna ang patintero pag may dumaan niyan hehe! :) I’d have to try this once the weather starts getting hot!

perfect for super hot summer in philippines.. :)

16. Yung milk powder talaga yung nagpapanalo diyan eh. haha :D natakam ako sa picture Y_Y

17. I love the colors! So bright and festive :)

18. Guia Obsum says:

I didn’t get to feast on this when I was a kid. Yours is a much, much better version. I’d like to have one! :)

19. Reem says:

Yum!!!
    How simple this fun ice cream scramble is…. I love the Name..
    YOu know what I am freezing this tonite!

That looks like a decadent street treat !

21. I think I will try a variation of this using actual bananas, since I have some very ripe ones just waiting to be used for something delicious . . . ;)

22. Charles says:

Ice scramble – the title makes me think of frozen scrambled eggs a bit, but now I saw what it is all mental images have been dispelled! :D. That looks delicious – perfect to cool down on a hot day… love it :)

23. huntfortheverybest says:

sounds yummy!

24. Katniss says:

Hey, how much condensed milk? Sorry you were sorta vague on that