Spinach and Mushroom Stir Fry

My constant hunt for easy and simple meat free vegetable recipes is quite challenging, especially for a carnivorous person like me but once you had found or created one it is so satisfying. This recipe is one example, it’s simple and really easy to prepare, now I have one more vegetable dish added to my growing list of simple meat free vegetable dishes.

For those who missed the old posts here they are:

Vegetables in Oyster Sauce

Vegetables in Soy Sauce

Vegetable Salads

Others

How about you do you have anything to share in this list? Let me know I am interested in this type of dishes

Spinach and Mushroom Stir Fry

Serves: 2-3
  • 1 packet spinach (roughly 5-6 bunches)
  • 1 cup straw mushrooms, sliced in half
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • fish sauce
  • oil
  1. In a pot add water and bring it to a boil, once boiling blanch spinach quickly then drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
  2. In a wok add oil then sauté garlic.
  3. Add mushrooms and stir fry for 2 minutes.
  4. Add spinach and stir fry for 30 seconds.
  5. Season with fish sauce then serve.

1. Those straw mushrooms look delectable.

2. Sammie says:

Yeah! I totally agree with you! I’m a big carnivore as well! But sometimes it’s great to be liberated from meat! My favourite veggies are eggplants and okras! Could totally do without meat when I have those. yummm!

3. I could enjoy a huge bowl of this right now.
    :-) Mandy

4. Alex says:

Easy and so tasty!

5. wok with ray says:

Looks healthful, refreshing, and guilt-free dish with all the good flavor. :)

6. Purely.. Kay says:

I have never been a huge mushroom eater, but even if I take them out, this would still be an excellent stir fry. I love this

7. Juliana says:

I love the simplicity of this dish…looks delicious especially with the fish sauce.
    Thanks for the recipe and hope you are having a fun week Raymund :D

8. I love mushrooms and anything. This looks fantastic – easy and tasty – a real winner!

9. Hm, interesting! I never used fish sauce to season spinach and mushroom before. I don’t have spinach right now but this should be in our menu soon too. Love the picture – so pretty!

10. Simply stunning. I don’t know which I’m more enticed by. The soothing green and goodness reflected in your truly beautiful image or the delicious summary of various ingredients and recipes you’ve listed below. By far one of the simplest and most beautiful images :)

I need to try this one too. Your oyster sauce ones always make me hungry. Now this one with fish sauce…I have all the ingredients on hand. :)

12. Captured so beautifully, Raymund! I love how easy and tasty stir frys are :)

Thanks so much for the list of veggie dishes! I’m always looking for easy and unique vegetable dishes. Your spinach and mushroom is definitely one of them.

1. January 30, 2014