My constant hunt for easy and simple meat free vegetable recipes is quite challenging, especially for a carnivorous person like me but once you had found or created one it is so satisfying. This recipe is one example, it’s simple and really easy to prepare, now I have one more vegetable dish added to my growing list of simple meat free vegetable dishes.
For those who missed the old posts here they are:
Vegetables in Oyster Sauce
Vegetables in Soy Sauce
- Gado Gado
- Choysum in Shrimp and Mushroom Sauce
- Asparagus in Hollandaise Sauce
- Stir Fried Bean Sprouts and Tofu (Guisadong Togue)
- Goi Cuon (Vietnamese Summer Rolls)
How about you do you have anything to share in this list? Let me know I am interested in this type of dishes
1 packet spinach (roughly 5-6 bunches)
1 cup straw mushrooms, sliced in half
3 cloves garlic
- In a pot add water and bring it to a boil, once boiling blanch spinach quickly then drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- In a wok add oil then sauté garlic.
- Add mushrooms and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add spinach and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Season with fish sauce then serve.