Philippines have an array of choices when it comes to seafood and vegetable curries, this one is one of the many variations and you have to trust me it is really good. This dish is made with crabs and young jackfruit cooked in coconut milk, it works well with freshly cooked jasmine rice and eating it the Filipino way only by hands.
6 pcs medium sized paddle crabs
300g young jackfruit, sliced
100g pork belly, cubed
8 pcs green chillies
800 ml coconut milk
1 large onion, chopped
6 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 thumb size ginger, sliced
freshly ground black pepper
1. In a wok add oil then sauté garlic, onions and ginger.
2. Add pork and stir fry until brown on all sides.
3. Add 400ml coconut milk, chillies and paddle crabs, bring to a boil then simmer for 8 minutes.
4. Remove the crabs, set it aside and add the jackfruit. Continue to simmer for 15 minutes or until coconut milk dries up and become oily.
5. Add the remaining coconut milk and the crabs, simmer for 5 more minutes.
6. Season with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper, serve.