Today’s post is another leftover dish, a type of fried rice with crispy pork cheeks, bacon, corn, eggs and spring onions. Make sure you prepare your pork cheeks and bacon properly by making them crispy first before adding it in the fried rice to have that really nice texture on every spoonful. For those not in the Philippines I am not sure if you will find some of the ingredients below but without the Maggi Savor Liquid Seasoning and Mang Tomas it would taste way much different.
4 cups cold leftover rice
1 cup corn kernels
2 cups pork cheeks, sliced
4 pcs rasher bacon, chopped
3 stalks spring onions, chopped
2 eggs, lightly beaten
4 cloves garlic
Maggi Savor Liquid Seasoning
Mang Tomas Sauce
freshly ground black pepper
1. Season pork cheeks with salt and pepper, set them aside for at least 15 minutes.
2. In a wok add oil and stir fry pork cheeks in medium heat until it becomes really crispy. Remove from wok and set them aside.
3. Add bacon in the wok and stir fry until crispy.
4. Add garlic and sauté until it turns golden brown.
5. Scoop out some of the oil and only leave enough for the fried rice. Add rice and corn, bring heat to high and continue to stir fry for 3 minutes.
6. Push the rice on the sides of the wok to make a well in the middle then pour the eggs, cook eggs until nearly dry then quickly mix it with the rice mixture.
7. Add the spring onions and crispy pork cheeks, stir fry for 2 minutes.
8. Season with Maggi Savor Liquid Seasoning and freshly ground black pepper.
9. Serve with Mang Tomas sauce.
Please don’t forget to join our competition, we are giving away C Coconut Water cases to 3 lucky winners for more details on this competition please click here.