The first time I had this was when my colleague made one and let us try it, at first I thought it was a peanut butter cookie it nearly tasted similar but I was surprised when he told us it was made out of tahini. I then asked the ingredients it looks simple enough and I had all of the ingredients at hand so there is no excuses not to make some.
This cookies are really simple, richly flavoured and very fragrant so what are you waiting for try this out as well and you will be surprised.
2 cups flour
1 cup ground almonds
1/2 cup tahini
150 g butter melted
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
black sesame seeds
pinch of salt
1. Mix all ingredients together and once it turns crumbly place them on a kneading board.
2. Lightly knead the dough then shape them into logs, at this stage it will easily crumb.
3. Place the logs into a cling film then tightly wrap them while forming an even cylinder with 5 cm in diameter.
4. Put in the fridge and leave it there for 30-45 minutes until it’s slightly solidify but still easy to handle.
5. Remove from fridge then slice them into .75 cm thick pieces.
6. Place on top of a baking pan then sprinkle some black sesame seeds on top, lightly press top with fork then bake in a 180C preheated oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Let it cool down before serving.