Zucchini Bread is a type of a quick bread using zucchini or what we call courgettes in New Zealand as its main ingredient. It follows the same principle of how a banana bread or pumpkin breads are made so it’s really simple and a good recipe for beginners to start with.
I remember my mom used to make these before and the thought of using zucchini in a sweet bread makes me think twice whether I will eat it or not. But there is always a first time and that first time I tried it was an eye opener, I was so surprised as taste is so much different from my expectation, it was surprisingly good. I guess if we are calculating the difference between expectation and reality this by far has one of the biggest disparity.
3 cups flour
2 packed cups grated zucchini
1 cup chopped walnuts, roughly chopped
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup white sugar
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
3 tsp vanilla extract
1. Sift together flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon into a large bowl.
2. Using a hand mixer beat together eggs, oil, vanilla, and both sugars in a large bowl until texture is creamy
3. Add the flour into the creamed mixture, mix well until smooth in texture.
4. Add the zucchini and walnut, distribute evenly.
5. Pour into two 8 x 4 greased bread pans or equivalent then bake in a 165C preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
6. Let it cool down in room temperature for 30 minutes prior to serving.