When me and my wife were not yet married this was one of our favourite street food, we always buy them outside the church we usually visit together with kwek kwek and deep fried squid balls. This street food is quite new compared to the others as I never saw this when I was younger and only showed up during the late 90′s. It is a simple deep fried spring roll pastry filled with soft cheese called quick melt dipped in a sauce made out of mayonnaise and ketchup.
- Small Spring Roll Pastry
- Quickmelt or Colby, sliced into long strips
- Sweet Style Tomato Ketchup
- Wrap cheese in spring roll pastry; make sure it’s totally sealed so cheese won’t go out when frying.
- Prepare a wok with enough oil for deep frying, once oil is hot drop wrapped cheese and cook until pastry turns golden brown. Make sure oil is hot enough so pastry does not cook too long and absorb a lot of oil. Set cooked cheese sticks aside.
- Mix together mayonnaise and ketchup, ratio should be one is to one. Serve this as the dipping sauce for the cheese sticks.