Sweet Corn Ice Cream

I had posted several uniquely flavoured Filipino ice creams in the past like the cheese ice cream and purple yam but it does not stop there as there are a lot of unusual flavours that we can use like this sweet corn ice cream. I know for most corn does not equate to something sweet but rather used in a savoury meal but in South East Asia this is widely used in desserts and one of its popular use is in ice creams. Back in the Philippines and Malaysia (that’s why I categorized it like such) this is one of the popular flavours and you will not understand until you had tried them. It is out of this world but in a good way so if you haven’t tired this flavour yet I suggest you make them at home and see what you are missing.

Sweet Corn Ice Cream

Serves: 8
  • 2 cups cream
  • 1½ cup milk
  • 1¼ cups sugar
  • 1 can 400g creamed corn
  • 4 eggs yolks, lightly beaten
  1. In a sauce pan combine cream, milk, creamed corn and sugar. Heat slowly while continuously mixing until it reaches nearly boiling point (do not boil) and sugar is completely dissolved
  2. Place egg yolks in a mixing bowl then slowly pour around a cup of the heated cream mixture while whisking.
  3. Pour egg mixture to the sauce pan then continue to heat while continuously mixing. Dip a tablespoon and see if liquid sticks to the back side, if it does then you can now turn the heat off.
  4. Place in a heat proof container and let it cool down, once cooled down place in the fridge for at least four hours.
  5. Prepare your ice cream maker and pour the cream mixture. Churn according to ice cream manufacturer’s instruction. Mine took 30-35 minutes.
  6. You can now eat the ice cream at this stage, but if you prefer a firm ice cream freeze for at least 6 hours.

1. pinksocks says:

Hi,
    I nominated you for the Quintet of Radiance award :)
    Check the details here: http://thoushaltcook.wordpress.com/2014/04/01/award-quintet-of-radiance/
    Cheers,
    Pinksocks

2. I loooove corn, so this ice cream has always been calling my name!!

3. cquek says:

oh yes i love corn icecream. normally i love corn and vanilla.

4. Chelsweets says:

I love this idea! Now I just need to buy an ice cream maker :D

5. Juliana says:

Yes, I used to eat a lot of sweet corn ice cream when living in Brazil…thank you so much for the recipe…I will sure give this a try…looks delicious Raymund.
    Have a wonderful week ahead :D

6. I heard about this sweet corn ice cream many times, but I’ve never tried this! I don’t think I can buy it around here, so I’ll definitely give it a try this year!

7. wok with ray says:

Corn and cheese ice cream are my favorites. Can’t find those here in the states.

8. Michelle says:

I just know I would love that. You have the best desserts, Raymund.

9. Oh Yum! I love using corn in desserts. This is right up my alley.

I am so making this ice cream!!! There’s a sweet corn pudding my mother use to make so I know I would love, love, love this ice cream! Thank for sharing Raymund!

11. huntfortheverybest says:

i love sweet corn ice cream!

1. June 8, 2014

[…]  Sweet Corn Ice Cream […]

2. June 21, 2014

[…] šećerac, ili ako nemate svež,možete koristiti i iz konzerve.( creamed corn ) Sastojci: originalni recept 500 ml slatke pavlake 375 ml punomasnog mleka 250 g šećera 400 g skuvanog kukuruza šećerca 4 […]